"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

Friday, October 19, 2012

Usual Hike through Ft Ord

Yesterday, my father and I hiked through Ft Ord together. This time, the 8th Avenue access was blocked off because FORA has already begun clear cutting trees and they want to prevent protests a la the tree squatters of Berkeley.

So, we basically hiked from Giggling to the end of Hennikers Ranch Rd, and back. We saw a couple bikes, and some interesting new scat. It was black, plopped in the middle of the road, and had a bunch of acorns. Someone told me they thought it might be boar scat.

I am happy to note, that even though it was in the mid 80's while I was hiking I didn't sweat too much and my feet didn't hurt until after mile six. This is much much better than where I started.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment